Leaf Peeper Hands-on Art Tour - October 14-16
Join us this Autumn for a beautiful Fall foliage drive into Rip Van Winkle and James Fenimore Cooper country as we explore – and make – art in the Catskills and beyond.
In the Catskills, we’ll visit a few of the dozens of artists and galleries and we’ll get a chance to make our own, easy art: a slab pottery vessel (if you can roll out a pie crust, you can do this), a watercolor collage (you just need to tear and glue), and a print of delicate plants – just gather the plants and arrange them on paper and help the artist run them through a printing press as large as Rembrandt’s! This is a custom offering which is not available otherwise. We’ll chat and have tea with the artists and their works will be available for sale in case you would like a lovely souvenir.
After a scrumptious dinner at the famed Peekamoose Restaurant, we’ll stay at a lovely local Bed & Breakfast.
The next morning, we’ll admire the Autumn foliage as we wend our way through the scenic Schoharie Valley – it’s like going back in time – and on to Cooperstown. We’ll visit the Fenimore Art Museum, the Farmer’s Museum, and the Hyde House Museum, have a leisurely lunch at the Otesaga Hotel, and stay at the beautiful old Victorian Inn, The Inn at Cooperstown. We’ll take a stroll down the street to our restaurant for dinner, with an after-dinner stroll by the lakefront.
After a leisurely full breakfast at The Inn, we’ll make our way back to Westchester County, stopping at the historic Rondout Landing in Kingston for lunch.
This is a unique experience that you would not be able to arrange on your own. The tour is limited to 12 people – reserve now to ensure your spot! Solo guests are particularly welcome on all our tours!
Itinerary and Pricing
Saturday, Oct. 14
- Pick up in White Plains 9:00 am
- Boiceville - Lunch at Bread Alone
- Margaretville - Longview Gallery & Catskills Mountains Artisans Guild
- Halcottsville - Choice of 2 art workshops: slab pottery or collage, refreshments
- Roxbury - Art workshop: printmaking, refreshments
- Shandaken - Dinner at Peekamoose
- Margaretville - check in to B&Bs, parlor games
Sunday, Oct. 15
- Farmhouse breakfast
- To Cooperstown through beautiful Schoharie Valley
- Hyde Hall House Museum, refreshments
- Lunch at Otesaga Hotel
- Choice of Fenimore Art Museum or Farmer's Museum or both
- Check in at The Inn at Cooperstown, free time or photo op stroll
- Dinner at Mel's @ 22
- The Inn at Cooperstown, parlor games
Monday, Oct. 16
- Elegant breakfast
- Drive to Kingston
- Lunch at scenic Rondout Creek in Kingston
- Return to White Plains at about 3:00 PM
Included are: 2 custom art workshops, 3 museums, 2 galleries, 2 nights’ accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 3 lunches, 4 coffee breaks, and all transportation. A glass of wine or beer is included at lunch (when available) and dinner. You won’t need any cash except for souvenirs!
The price is $997 plus tax, pickup is in White Plains on Saturday morning, October 14, returning to White Plains early afternoon, Monday, October 16. The price is $997 plus tax. There is an optional 3-hour beginner acrylic painting workshop on autumn landscapes at the Fenimore Art Museum for an additional $100. Pickup is in White Plains on Saturday morning, October 14, returning to White Plains early afternoon, Monday, October 16.
Call Liz at 914-909-5079 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.